Shadow Technology Announces Back Up & Restore Addition to Call Shadow IP Call Recording Software. -SIP Protocol to Follow in Q2
Bishop's Stortford, UK - 2007-03-20
Shadow Technology announced today that they had added a new “Backup & Restore” feature to their popular IP Call Recording Software “Call-Shadow”.
The Backup feature adds advanced call archiving and data retention to “Call-Shadow”. Enterprises can now implement their goal of storing communication recording for 5 years,
using standard storage technology. Recordings can be archived to DVDs, BluRay discs and SANs in just a few clicks. A single DVD-R can store up to 15,000 calls of 5 minutes each, due to the
state of the art voice compression technology implemented in “Call-Shadow”.
The backup volume format is designed to be compatible with all future versions of Call-Shadow.
The open XML format used, which is human readable, guarantees that the users are in ultimate control of their data.
“This development is the result of customer demand”, said Alex Kafkarides, Director of Marketing at Shadow, “and the cost is still $300 per monitored phone”.
“Shadow Technology will continue its aggressive development schedule in our aim to become the leading supplier of VOIP Call Recording”. “We are already commited to
SIP protocol support and call authentication and integrity checking for our next release, 3.2, which will be available in Q2”He ended. The latest release of “Call-Shadow” is
available for download from www.shadow-technology.co.ukand can be used for 30 days.
Call-Shadow is an easy to use call recording solution that implements the corporate call record keeping policy and
provides secure, easy access to call records.
It allows managers to review phone calls according to their workgroup.
Users are empowered by providing them with accurate records of their calls.
Call-Shadow can be used in mission critical implementations, because it has a clustering system with an advanced fail-
over system, with no single point of failure. Should a server in a cluster become unavailable, its workload is divided between
its peers without operator intervention. Such a clustering system is much superior to a simple hot-swap standby system
because all servers are working, providing scalability and redundancy at the same time.
All access to replays is logged and can be audited by authorized users.
Call-Shadow is highly integrated with Cisco CallManager, having an XML phone service which allows replaying calls
directly on the phone, and being integrated with CallManager’s user directory (LDAP DCDirectory) for unified
It is available in two configurations, to facilitate application in a call center or company-wide.
Features and Benefits
- Record phone calls according to flexible policies. You can record every call and keep only
what is important. Rules and filters can be defined to organize calls by phone number or user name patterns.
- Monitor live calls: Listen to a call as it happens, without any conferencing. You can also
whisper to the agent without being heard by the external party.
- Review, Adnotate and e-Mail phone call recordings. Search by caller ids, phone numbers,
adnotations, time. Everybody can access their own calls by default, but only designated supervisors can access other phone
- Organize calls using flexible, color coded, folders. Calls can also be automatically assigned to
folders, using filters.
- Call Retention Policies - Recordings can be kept for a period of time or until the hard-drive is filled.
Some calls are more important than others, so rules can be set to manage each category differently.
- On Demand Recording lets you keep just the important calls, using a phone service.
- Multi Site: With Call-Shadow, you can record and administer many network partitions as if they were
one, at no additional cost.
- Mission Critical Reliability – peer to peer clustering system with no single point of failure.
Should a server failure occur, its peers in the cluster will automatically detect it and share the workload. Calls in progress are
recorded from where it left.
- Scalable to thousands of ports, when using multiple servers. Calls can still be browsed &
searched from a central server. The actual recordings storage is distributed amongst servers.
- Specialized Speech Compression lowers the storage requirements 8 times over MP3 and allows
18,000 hours of phone calls storage on one 120 GB hard drive.
- Call History - follow a call as it is transferred, put on hold or parked
- Audit Replays – prevent recordings abuse by browsing the list of accesses to a call.
- XML Phone Service – handily review your past calls from your XML enabled phone (Cisco IP
Phones 7940, 7960 & 7970). Authenticate, Browse, Play, Rewind, e-mail, mark important. You can also assign calls to
- Supervisor Access – Assign sets of phones to supervisors, using lists of phone numbers, or
several types of patterns.
- Thin Client Deployment – The administration and user tools run in a web browser, be it
Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera.
- Integrated Authentication - Authentication is integrated with Cisco CallManager's directory server, so
user accounts and passwords need to be set only once.
- Integrated Support Tools – Request & receive technical support with a few clicks using
the Remote Helpdesk support tool.
- Passive network sniffing assures zero impact of recording on PBX performance and improves system
- Try Before You Buy – Download a fully-featured evaluation version with a friendly configuration
wizard from www.shadow-technology.co.uk.
- Cisco CallManager 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 5.0 using Skinny Protocol
- SIP coming soon
- Windows 2000 or later
- Windows 2003 Web Server Edition recommended
- IIS required
- Software only recording system, no proprietary cards
- Industry-standard Intel compatible server supplied by customer
- Dual core CPU, 1 GB RAM recommended
- Network switch or hub capable of mirroring network traffic (SPAN)
- 250 simultaneous calls on an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
- Clustering allows scaling to thousands of ports
- Advanced Speech Compression, Stereo, 160 recorded hours per GB
- Real case:167,000 calls stored in 55 GB.
- LDAP compatible
- CallManager’s DCDirectory supported
- Stereo, each party is heard in a different channel
- SQLServer compatible (MSDE 2000), easy to integrate with
- other software
- Secure access to recordings
- Integration with DCDirectory
- Normal users can access their own calls, using their PINs
- Managers have access to calls based on filters ( lists or patterns of numbers or user names )
- Web interface, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera supported
Call records access
- Web interface + desktop player
- XML Phone Service interface (on Cisco IP Phones 7940, 7960, 7970)
About Shadow Technology
Shadow Technology was founded in 1998 and is self funded. The company has remained focused on helping our
customers derive significant value technology products in the IP and Call Centre arena.
We pride ourselves on delivering a quality experience and in providing expert services. The Shadow Technology team has
been recruited through personal contact and we therefore maintain high standards and excellent communication. The ability
to share expertise is frequently invaluable.
Call-Shadow is a state-of-the-art IP call-recording solution for SME companies. It provides Enterprise level features and
scalability at less than half the price of traditional Call-centre products.
Shadow Technology will remain focused and continue to grow its reputation as a solutions provider and to increase its
value through the development of software IPR.
Shadow Technology is privately held and based in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire , UK and MA,
USA, with global coverage through their resellers and partners. For more information contact +44-1279-755247
or visit the Shadow Technology Web site at www.shadow-
Click here to view all previous news